Infertility is defined as not being able to get pregnant despite having frequent, unprotected sex for at least a year for most couples.
Infertility may result from an issue with either you or your partner, or a combination of factors that prevent pregnancy. Fortunately, there are many safe and effective therapies that significantly improve your chances of getting pregnant.
The main symptom of infertility is not getting pregnant.
Some types of infertility aren't preventable. But several strategies may increase your chances of pregnancy.
> Couples have regular intercourse several times around the time of ovulation for the highest pregnancy rate.
Most types of infertility aren't preventable in men, these strategies may help:
• Avoid drug and tobacco use and drinking too much alcohol.
• Avoid high temperatures found in hot tubs and hot baths, as they can temporarily affect sperm production and motility.
• Avoid exposure to industrial or environmental toxins, which can affect sperm production.
• Limit medications that may impact fertility
• Exercise moderately
For women, several strategies may increase the chances of becoming pregnant:
• Quit smoking.
• Avoid alcohol and street drugs.
• Avoid weight extremes
• Limit caffeine
• Exercise moderately.
Please complete all fields to make an appointment request . All fields are required *